CLEANING, FLUSHING & CONVERTING HEAT TRANSFER
- Completely drain heat transfer system of current product paying special
attention to elbows and the expansion tank.
- Use a flushing oil, close in viscosity to the new heat transfer oil.
- Circulate flushing oil for minimum of 3 hours at a moderate temperature.
- If the heat transfer system is suspected of carbon deposits, it is suggested
you flush with a high quality detergent-type product such as NOCO Heat Transfer
- When flushing a system, the flush oil should be heated, not to exceed 250ºF
and circulated for several days to allow for complete dispersion of the
- It may be necessary to provide a clean-out trap to physically remove the
sludge that is deposited in the expansion tank and heating unit. If there are
any appreciable amounts of deposits, line strainers should be installed at
several points in order to prevent overloading the system filters.
- After the flushing procedure is finished, completely drain the entire system
and recharge with a high quality heat transfer oil.
Please call your NOCO representative for product recommendations and
information on our oil analysis program for heat transfer systems.
NOCO Energy Corp.
Tonawanda, NY 14150